Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Coyote at Willard's on Monday, January 24




From Margaret, Monday 1/23/2012: Today was one of the few Mondays I can take Ravel to the woods. (ed note: Ravel is a dog named after Maurice Ravel (1875-1937)) At 12:40 , about to leave, Ravel decided to go back into the wooded area-(going left when entering).  At the edge, up the tiny slope, she stood digging, and I saw a coyote cross the path approx. 20 feet from us.  I got a really good look-it turned its head and looked right at me for about 1 1/2 seconds without stopping and continued into the brush.  It was big - a bit smaller than Ravel, and the coat was full and healthy, with a huge bush of a tail.  Just a reminder that they can be about during the day.  There were some people there today - I had just spoke to a guy with a dog who wears the packs, and Tilly + owner had been in there about 8 minutes before.  So they are not that timid.  i grabbed Ravel, leashed her, and we booked out.  ...
No coyotes were harmed in the writing of this blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment