Friday, March 4, 2011

More about Nancy Bryant - Precinct 3 Town Meeting Candidate

I'm running for Town Meeting in Precinct 3.  I would greatly appreciate your vote on Monday, March 7!!  It's a contested race for Precinct 3 Town Meeting Members with 8 strong candidates running for 7 seats.  I'm inspired to run because of how unfairly the dog walking issue at Willard's Woods has been handled by the Conservation Commission. More about me at the bottom of this message.

I'd greatly appreciate your vote and your help in spreading the word amongst your friends and neighbors in Precinct 3 to vote for me!

Thank you for your support!

You can contact me at bryantnab@yahoo.com 


All my best,
Nancy Bryant

Nancy A. Bryant

Candidate for Town Meeting Member: Precinct 3
Nancy and Kipper (Kip just became a certified therapy dog!!)




Lexington resident for over 20 years

Lexington Community Activities:
Friends of Willard’s Woods Steering Committee: 2010-present
Elected Town Meeting Member, Precinct 3: 2003-2009
Citizens Against Pay-As-You-Throw: (opposing PAYT due to design/social flaws)
Shawsheen Watershed Stream Team Member: 1997-1999
Child Assault Prevention Project Volunteer, RePlace, Inc.: 1992-1993
Also participate in many other volunteer activities outside of Lexington

Education: Bowdoin College, B.A.; University of Wisconsin-Madison, M.S.; Lesley University, M.Ed.

Career: Executive Director of SuAsCo Watershed Community Council, MA, an environmental non-profit; Sixth Grade Math & Science Teacher, Belmont, MA; Environmental Scientist with AECOM and Gradient; Staff Writer for Earthwatch Radio Program, Madison, WI; Aquatic Biologist for State of Vermont

Special interests: environmental issues, elder care advocacy, rescue dogs, promoting greater respect for the teaching profession, volunteerism

“Disheartened by the Conservation Commission’s mishandling of Willard’s Woods and concerned about the imperious attitude expressed by some of Lexington’s elected and appointed officials, I am motivated to run for election to Town Meeting to try to make a difference from “inside the system”.  I will listen to my constituents and work to restore respect and collaboration to Lexington’s political system.  I would appreciate the opportunity to serve Precinct 3 and I would be honored to have your vote.”

No comments:

Post a Comment