Just wanted to throw out a few thoughts after the 2/23/10 CC meeting. The meeting was quite educational and distressing.
1. Are facts relevant to any of these discussions or is anecdote enough?
2. I think whatever expertise the commission members bring, they have no clue how to deal with a problem which contains such quality of life issues to so many people.
3. It's unfortuate that a commission member would publicly say that he would only pick up after his dog under threat of a sizable fine. Can we try bigger and clearer signage and peer pressure before trying to impose
fines?.
4. I thnk the commission members are way over their heads with regard to all this, and the arrogance of them all to blame everything from "degradation of the woods" to " disappearance of wildlife" on dogs" shows a total bias on their part.
5. I suggest we offer the goodwill of the dog walkers to help the member who wants to research what other communities have done. I'm sure we could find people to help do this research.
6. I suggest the commission create a committee made up of members from both sides, the commission and a neutral arbiter which comes up with suggestions that the conservation commission must choose from to resolve this issue. This will allow them to take cover under the new committee's bi-partisan make up and allow all voices to be heard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment